Skip to Main ContentCOE HomeSDSU Home

Search I&I News

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Meet DLE’s Newest Faculty Member Dr. Saúl I. Maldonado

Saúl  Maldonado
This Semester we have the pleasure of welcoming Saul Isaac Maldonado to the Department of Dual Language and English Learner Education.

Dr. Maldonado is a former high school teacher and administrator of pre-collegiate programs; Saúl investigates the intersection of language, disciplinary literacy and K-12 achievement using techniques such as propensity score matching and multi-level modeling on surveys, assessments, and observation protocols. Dr. Maldonado’s evaluation experience includes contributions to programs and initiatives for school districts, county offices of education and federal agencies. Saúl Isaac currently serves as co-chair of Latina/o Responsive Evaluation Discourse, a topical interest group of the American Evaluation Association.

“I approach research, teaching and service from an equity-oriented framework and I am honored to join the DLE community of practice, where principles of communal empowerment, democratic schooling and multilingual identities are valued. I look forward to learning from/with my SDSU colleagues and DLE partners and contributing toward the preparation of a sustainable workforce of outstanding bilingual teachers,” said Dr. Maldonado.