Skip to Main ContentCOE HomeSDSU Home

Search I&I News

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Hoang Chosen as Teacher of the Month by NBC News

kimly
As College of Education graduates continue to make their alma mater proud, the newest source of pride comes from Kimly Hoang, who was selected by NBC San Diego as the February 2016 Teacher of the Month.

Ms. Hoang, who teaches at Iftin Charter School in La Mesa, inspires her students through relatable teaching methods and one-on-one interactions.

“I try to integrate personal interests and that’s how I am able to get them to be on board with me,” Ms. Hoang says of the children in her classroom.

Ms. Hoang, who graduated from the College’s Master's program in K-8 Mathematics Education, was able to document her teaching methods in NBC’s segment on inspirational teachers. Visit the NBC 7 website to see how Ms. Hoang is able to connect with her students on a personal level and inspire them daily.

Congratulations to Kimly on her recognition!