Skip to Main ContentCOE HomeSDSU Home

Search I&I News

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Interim Dean’s Welcome

Dr. Joeseph F. Johnson, Jr.
Welcome to the 2013-2014 academic year. As our College’s new interim dean, I have been reminded that, generally, there is little that college administrators do that makes a difference and even less that interim college administrators are likely to accomplish. While this may be true, I also recognize that, together, we can accomplish tremendous things. In areas where we (faculty, staff, alumni, students, and administrators) unite, we can influence on our policies, programs, and practices in ways that ultimately make a major difference for the individuals we prepare and the communities we serve. I have great confidence in our collective capacity to shape our work in ways that will elevate our stature both locally and nationally, while strengthening our impact on everyone whose lives are touched by our graduates. I look forward to helping us build upon our considerable strengths. While I acknowledge that we may not agree on everything, I am confident that we will find areas where we share a common commitment to make our College a better place to learn and work. In this regard, I am honored to work for you and with you. I look forward to a great year.