Skip to Main ContentCOE HomeSDSU Home

Search I&I News

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Dr. Evans Wins Award from National Council for the Social Studies

evans award
The School of Teacher Education’s own Dr. Ron Evans has been selected as a recipient of the 2015 Jean Dresden Grambs Distinguished Career Research in Social Studies Award, a research award given by the National Council for the Social Studies.

Dr. Evans received the award based on his distinguished career in social studies research, and has continued that career at San Diego State University since 1989. As a researcher, his work has focused primarily on theoretical curriculum formation and foundation in the field of social studies.

The award will be presented during the 95th Annual Conference of the National Council for the Social Studies in New Orleans later this month. As the recipient of this award, Dr. Evans also has the opportunity to present a session at the conference that will be attended by social studies scholars from around the nation.

“I had no idea that I was being considered for this award,” Dr. Evans said. “It is probably one of the highest honors for professors in social studies. I am thrilled that my colleagues have chosen to recognize my work with this award.”

Congratulations to Dr. Evans for both his award and his distinguished career in educational research!